Thank you very much for your interest in PCI’s life-saving work for children and families around the world. Seasonally, we offer limited internship opportunities in our San Diego, California and Washington, DC offices. Interns are recruited periodically to assist our Program Operations and Development Department (PODD), Finance Department, as well as in Development, our marketing, fundraising and special events department. Extremely limited internships in our global field offices will be posted as needed.
San Diego, CA:
- Finance Internship
- Gender Equity Internship
- Innovation Internship
- Internal HR Communications Internship
- Leveraging Knowledge Internship
- Local Capacity Strengthening Internship
- Marketing for WE (Women Empowered) Initiative Internship
- Monitoring and Evaluation for the WE (Women Empowered) Initiative Internship
- New Business Development Unit Support Internship
- Operations Internship
- Video & Multimedia Editing Internship
We are looking for dedicated individuals willing to commit to a 4 month minimum internship of 15 hours per week during business hours (8:30am-5pm). All internship positions are unpaid.
All applicants for US-based internships must be current undergraduate or graduate students in academic fields related to the position. If selected, all interns must be able to receive academic credit for the internship or able to provide an official letter from their school stating that the internship contributes to their education. We are more flexible to allow for recent graduates to apply for our international internships. If you are not a student but interested in volunteering with PCI, please visit our “Volunteers” page under the “Get Involved” tab or go to www.pciglobal.org/volunteer-for-pci/.
Our internship program requires that the intern fully cover all costs associated with his/her internship assigned (travel, living expenses, etc.), unless explicitly stated in the position description. All internship positions are unpaid.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel you would be a good fit for an internship position, please submit an application through the “Apply” section on the position description page. Please submit one application per internship to which you wish to apply.
Only applications that include all of the following items will be considered:
- Resume or CV
- Cover letter specifying which volunteer/intern opportunity you are interested in, why you are a good fit for the position, and start/end dates of estimated availability
- Any other information requested in the posting
Due to the large number of applicants, only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in PCI.